Pianist /composer George Colligan is no longer “new on the scene” as Chuck Berg of JazzTimes referred to George several years ago but the rest of Berg’s remarks: “George Colligan is one of the brightest and most articulate pianists on today’s scene” holds true to this day.
On this latest album Colligan streamlined a quartet with the choice sidemen who he shares the same creative vibes.
Colligan’s previous release “Living or The City” (SCCD 31727) received four stars from DownBeat magazine with comments by John Murph, “…The trio brings plenty of subtle inventiveness and, more important, crisp euphoria to the fore…”
GEORGE COLLIGAN piano JALEEL SHAW alto saxophone BORIS KOZLOV bass DONALD EDWARDS drums
Recorded October 2011
1. BLUE STATE (George Colligan) 6:03
2. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? (George Colligan) 10:24
3. MISSING (George Colligan) 8:45
4. MIRIAM EDWARDS NEW YORK ACCENT (George Colligan) 8:17
5. PUP PUP (George Colligan) 8:40
6. THE FACTS (George Colligan) 6:07
7. LYDIAN DOMINATION (George Colligan) 8:53
8. STEPPIN' OUT (Joe Jackson) 7:28