This album celebrates LaFaro's life and music with previously unreleased performances, a recording of a rehearsal session with pianist Bill Evans and an interview with Evans about the bassist.
SCOTT LaFARO, bass on tracks [1-5] DON FRIEDMAN, piano on tracks [1-5, 8] PETE LaROCA, drums on tracks [1-5]
[1-5] Recorded in New York City, 1961
 Rehearsal Tape: Bill Evans and Scott LaFaro, 1960.
 1966, Bill Evans interview by George Klabin
 Recorded by George Klabin, 1985.
Very interesting and perfect sound quality on the Don Friedman Trio with Scott LaFaro [1-5]
The most interesting part of the CD is the aprox. 23 min. rehearsal on My Foolish Heart
01. I Hear a Rhapsody - (6:17) (Fragos, Baker, Gasparre)
02. Sacre Blau (Take 1) - (6:11) (D.Friedman)
03. Green Dolphin St - (6:36) (B. Kaper)
04. (Take 2) - (6:18) (D.Friedman)
05. Woody'n You - (5:38) (D. Gillespie)
06. My Foolish Heart- (22:44) (Washington, Young),
07. Interview with Bill Evans by George Klabin - (13:39)
08. Memories for Scotty - (6:23) (D. Friedman)
Contains rare material [rehearsal w/ Bill Evans + Billy interview] liner notes by Marc Johnson.
"His approach to the bass...it was a beautiful thing to see.. He was a constant inspiration." - Bill Evans
"In the annals of jazz, it is rare that a musician garners both the respect and admiration of fans and musicians alike. In fact, there may be just a handful worthy of the treatment legendary bassist Scott LaFaro receives with Pieces of Jade" - All About Jazz
"It's another fascinating look into a "day-in-the-life" of a great musician who sadly left us with too few days to travel back again, but who remains forever reverberating from those clubs, recording studios and rehearsal rooms where we find him recorded. We have only to listen and be transported. - Marc Johnson, from the booklet