2-LP ON 1 CD
LIMITED EDITION IN SPECIAL 3-PANEL DIGIPACK
Celebrated singer Lee Wiley (1908-1975) was extremely popular from the 1930s to the 1950s, during which time she recorded with some of the most important jazz names from the period. Presented in their entireties on this set are Wiley’s splendid LPs "West of the Moon" (RCA Victor LPM-1408) and "A Touch of the Blues" (RCA Victor LPM-1566), which marked the last successful albums of her career, as she retired in the early 1960s (she would make a brief return to singing in her very last years).
LEE WILEY, vocals.
On all tracks, with:
TRACKS [1-12]: WEST OF THE MOON
RALPH BURNS & His Orchestra
New York, September 25, 27 & 28, 1956.
TRACKS [13-24]: A TOUCH OF THE BLUES
BILLY BUTTERFIELD & His Orchestra
New York, July 23, 24 & 25, 1957.TRACKS
01. YOU’RE A SWEETHEART
02. THIS IS NEW
03. YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A BEAUTIFUL BABY
04. WHO CAN I TURN TO NOW?
05. MY IDEAL
06. CAN’T GET OUT OF THIS MOOD
07. EAST OF THE SUN (WEST OF THE MOON)
08. I LEFT MY SUGAR STANDING IN THE RAIN
10. LIMEHOUSE BLUES
11. AS TIME GOES BY
12. KEEPIN’ OUT OF MISCHIEF NOW
13. THE MEMPHIS BLUES
14. FROM THE LAND OF THE SKY BLUE WATER
15. THE ACE IN THE HOLE
16. SOMEDAY YOU’LL BE SORRY
17. MY MELANCHOLY BABY
18. A HUNDRED YEARS FROM TODAY
19. BLUES IN MY HEART
20. MAYBE YOU’LL BE THERE
21. BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA
22. I DON’T WANT TO WALK WITHOUT YOU
23. MAKE BELIEVE
24. A TOUCH OF THE BLUES
TOTAL TIME: 79:02 Min.