This music comes from non-professional private tapes and its technical sound quality is not up to today's standards. Every effort has been made to improve the sound quality through advanced restoration technologies.
CHARLIE PARKER CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION
180 GRAM COLORED VINYL
All of Bird’s quintet recordings at the celebrated Café Society, in New York, made in 1950. Featuring Kenny Dorham on trumpet, Al Haig on piano, Tommy Potter on bass and Roy Haynes on drums. Presents Parker’s only known versions of “Bewitched” and “Gone with the Wind”.
- CHARLIE PARKER, alto sax
- KENNY DORHAM, trumpet
- AL HAIG, piano
- TOMMY POTTER, bass
- ROY HAYNES, drums.
- TONY SCOTT, clarinet; (added on B4 only)
Recorded live at Café Society Downtown,New York, June-July, 1950.
- 01 52ND STREET THEME [I]
- 02 JUST FRIENDS [I]
- 03 APRIL IN PARIS [I]
- 04 A NIGHT IN TUNISIA into 52ND STREET THEME [II]
- 05 52ND STREET THEME [III]
- 06 JUST FRIENDS [II]
- 07 APRIL IN PARIS [II]
- 08 MEDLEY 1: BEWITCHED, BOTHERED & BEWILDERED / SUMMERTIME
- 01 MEDLEY 2: I COVER THE WATERFRONT / GONE WITH THE WIND
- 02 EASY TO LOVE into 52ND STREET THEME [IV]
- 03 MEDLEY 3: WHAT’S NEW? / IT’S THE TALK OF THE TOWN
- 04 MOOSE THE MOOCHE (Charlie Parker) into 52ND STREET THEME [V]