• INCLUDES 3 BONUS TRACKS
• 5 STARS ALL MUSIC GUIDE
CONTAINS NEW SPECIALLY PREPARED LINER NOTES BY PENGUIN GUIDE TO JAZZ'S WRITER BRIAN MORTON AND BY PARIS' PRESTIGIOUS JAZZ MAGAZINE
“In a very real sense, Come Fly with Me captures Sinatra at his untouchable zenith: his manner seductive, his promise romantic, his range of contacts, as the track titles suggest, genuinely international.” - Penguin Guide to Jazz
“The best albums are those in which the sum of each part forms a whole that tells a story, and Come Fly with Me is arguably one of the finest examples of this.” - Jazz Magazine
- with BILLY MAY and his orchestra
- Billy May (cond, arr), Harry “Sweets” Edison, Conrad Gozzo, Frank Beach, John Best (tp), Babe Russin, Willie Smith, Joe Cook, Fred Fallensby, Arthur “Skeets” Herfert (saxes), Ed Kusby, Dick Noel, Tommy Pederson, Bill Schaefer (tb), Al Hendrickson (g), Bill Miller (p), Joe Mondragon (b), Alvin Stoller (d).
- Los Angeles, October 1 (tracks A3, A6 & B1), October 3 (tracks A4-A5 & B2-B3), and October 8 (A1-A2 & B4-B5), 1957.
- (*) BONUS TRACKS:
- Frank Sinatra (vcl) with Orchestra conducted & arranged by Nelson Riddle.
- A7: KHJ Studios, Hollywood, April 30, 1953.
- B7: The Capitol Tower, Hollywood. April 13, 1960.
- B8: Los Angeles, August 13, 1957.
- SIDE A
- A1. COME FLY WITH ME
- A2. AROUND THE WORLD
- A3. ISLE OF CAPRI
- A4. MOONLIGHT IN VERMONT
- A5. AUTUMN IN NEW YORK
- A6. ON THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- A7. SOUTH OF THE BORDER (*)
- SIDE B
- B1. LET’S GET AWAY FROM IT ALL
- B2. APRIL IN PARIS
- B3. LONDON BY NIGHT
- B4. BRAZIL
- B5. BLUE HAWAII
- B6. IT’S NICE TO GO TRAV’LING
- B7. I LOVE PARIS (*)
- B8. CHICAGO (*)