• 24 BIT DIGITALLY REMASTERED
• INCLUDES 1 BONUS TRACK
• 4 STARS DOWN BEAT MAGAZINE
• INCLUDES 12-PAGE BOOKLET
This release presents the complete original LP Two of a Mind (RCA Victor LSP-2624), the second of only two studio quartet collaborations between Gerry Mulligan and Paul Desmond (the first was Blues in Time, recorded in 1957). The wonderful interplay between the baritonist and altoist is clear from the start. The two musicians would perform together in later years on long tours with Dave Brubeck. Another version of “All the Things You Are” by Mulligan with Chet Baker and Lee Konitz has been added as a bonus.
- GERRY MULLIGAN (baritone saxs) and PAUL DESMOND (alto sax) on all tracks, plus:
- [1-2] & : Wendell Marshall (b), Connie Kay (d). New York, July 3, 1962.
- ,  & : Joe Benjamin (b), Mel Lewis (d). New York, August 13, 1962.
- [4-5] & : John Beal (b), Mel Lewis (d). New York, June 26, 1962.
- [10-11]: Jim Hall (g), John Beal (b), Ed Shaughnessy (d).
- Mulligan plays piano and Desmond plays baritone sax on 11. New York, June 8, 1962.
-  Bonus Track: Gerry Mulligan (bs), Chet Baker (tp), Lee Konitz (as),
- Carson Smith (b), Larry Bunker (d). Live at The Haig, Los Angeles, late January 1953.
- 01 All The Things You Are
- 02 Stardust
- 03 Two Of A Mind
- 04 Blight Of The Fumble Bee [Aka Whistling Blues]
- 05 The Way You Look Tonight
- 06 Out Of Nowhere
- 07 Easy Living
- 08 All The Things You Are [a.t]
- 09 Out Of Nowhere [a.t]
- 10 Untitled Blues Waltz [Long Take]
- 11 Untitled Blues Waltz [Short Take]
- 12 All The Things You Are [1953 Version] *