A Suite for Yardbird 1997
Fresh Sound West Coast
FSR 5023 CD
Advertencia: ¡Últimos artículos en inventario!
Featuring: Lanny Morgan (as), Lou Levy (p), Tom Warrington (b), Paul Krebich (d)
4**** by All Music Guide
1. Ornithology (Harris/Parker) - 6:08
2. Blues for Alice (Parker) - 5:26
3. Segment (Parker) - 5:26
4. Ko Ko performed by Morgan, Lanny Quartet - 4:05
5. Yardbird Suite (Parker) - 6:12
6. Marmaduke (Parker) - 6:07
7. Steeplechase (Parker) - 8:22
8. The Hymn (Parker) - 5:25
9. Klact-Oveeseds-Tene (Parker) - 4:17
10. Donna Lee (Parker) - 4:10
11. Bird Feathers (Parker) - 4:55
12. Kim/Country Gardens/Sign Off (Grainger/Parker) - 4:40
Recorded at Sage & Sound Studio, Hollywood, September 30 & October 1,1997.
"Records led by altoist Lanny Morgan are always well-worth acquiring because he is a brilliant bebop soloist. For this quartet outing with pianist Lou Levy, bassist Tom Warrington, and drummer Paul Kreibich, Morgan performs a dozen songs composed by Charlie Parker. Although no new revelations occur, it is nice to hear such obscurities as "Segment," "Marmaduke," "Steeplechase," and "Kim" revived and played in extended versions that are often five to eight minutes long. Morgan knows this material backwards and really sounds like he lives the music, adding his own ideas to the classic material. A special bonus is the extended liner notes and a very colorful historical booklet that comes with the CD."
— Scott Yanow (All Music Guide)