• LIMITED EDITION CLASSIC LPs
• 180 gram vinyl - AUDIOPHILE PRESSING
• INCLUDES 4 BONUS TRACKS
This collector’s edition includes Muddy Waters’ sensational second album, "Muddy Waters Sings “Big Bill”, originally released on the Chess label in January 1960. Muddy’s electric recasting of blues pioneer Big Bill Broonzy’s usually acoustic numbers is incredibly effective.
In addition to the original masterpiece, this essential release includes 4 bonus tracks from the same period: “Meanest Woman,” “Forty Days and Forty Nights,” “Soon Forgotten,” and the fabulous “I Got My Brand on You.” An indispensable set for any blues devotee.
- MUDDY WATERS, vocals and guitar
- JAMES COTTON, harmonica
- PAT HARE, guitar
- ANDREW STEPHENSON, bass
- OTIS SPANN, piano
- FRANCIS CLAY or WILLIE "BIG EYES" SMITH, drums
Recorded at Chess Studio,Chicago, June-August 1959.
- [A-6], [B6] & [B7]: Muddy Waters (vocals and guitar),
- [James Cotton (harmonica), Pat Hare (guitar),
- [Andrew Stephenson (bass), Otis Spann (piano),
- [Francis Clay (drums).
- [Recorded in Chicago, June 1960.
- [A7]: Muddy Waters (vocals and guitar), Little Walter (harmonica),
- Pat Hare (guitar), Jimmy Rogers or Hubert Sumlin (second guitar),
- Willie Dixon (bass), Otis Spann (piano), probably Fred Below (drums).
- Recorded in Chicago, January 1956.
- SIDE A:
- 01 TELL ME BABY
- 02 SOUTHBOUND TRAIN
- 03 WHEN I GET TO THINKING
- 04 JUST A DREAM (ON MY MIND)
- 05 DOUBLE TROUBLE
- 06 MEANEST WOMAN (*)
- 07 FORTY DAYS AND FORTY NIGHTS (*)
- SIDE B:
- 01 I FEEL SO GOOD
- 02 BABY, I DONE GOT WISE
- 03 MOPPER’S BLUES
- 04 LONESOME ROAD BLUES
- 05 HEY, HEY
- 06 SOON FORGOTTEN (*)
- 07 I GOT MY BRAND ON YOU (*)