• LIMITED EDITION OF 500 COPIES
• 180 gram VINYL – AUDIOPHILE PRESSING
• INCLUDES 4 BONUS TRACKS
This essential LP release includes Richard’s third album, The Fabulous Little Richard, originally issued in March 1959 by the Specialty label. It contains early recordings that weren’t included on the first two LPs, some of which were cut before “Tutti Frutti” (1955), and others that were taken from Richard’s last Specialty session (October 1957), but went unissued. All of these original gems feature a virtual who’s who of fabulous musicians from the Crescent City scene, including Lee Allen, Alvin “Red” Tyler, Ray Montrell, Frank Fields and Earl Palmer, among others.
In addition to the original masterpiece, this collector’s limited edition contains 4 bonus tracks from the same period – the rocking “Heeby- Jeebies,” “Baby Face,” the soulful ballad “Can’t Believe You Wanna Leave,” and the joyful “Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey.”
- LITTLE RICHARD, vocals and piano, plus:
- A1, A3, A6 & A8] / B7 & B8:.
- Lee Allen (ts), Alvin “Red” Tyler (bs), Ray Montrell (g, except B8), Edgar Blanchard or Ernest McClean (g on b8), Frank Fields (b), Earl Palmer (d), The Stewart Sisters (overdubbed backing vocals).
- J&M Studio, New Orleans, Louisiana, May- August 1956..
- A2, A4, A5 / B2, B3 & B5: .
- Lee Allen (ts), Alvin “Red” Tyler (bs), Justin Adams (g), Melvin Dowden (p), Frank Fields (b), Earl Palmer (d), . The Stewart Sisters (overdubbed backing vocals).
- J&M Studio, New Orleans, Louisiana, September 14, 1955.
- A7 & A9 / B4 & B6: .
- Clifford Burks, Wilbert Smith, Grady Gaines (tS), Jewell Grant (bs), Nathaniel Douglas (g), Olsie Robinson (b), Charles Connor (d).
- Los Angeles, California, October 18, 1957.
- B1: Ronald Richard (tp), Joseph Tillman (sax), Clarence Ford (ts), William Pyles (g), Lloyd Lambert (b), Oscar Moore (d), The Stewart Sisters (overdubbed backing vocals)..
- Hollywood, California, November 29, 1955.
- A1 SHAKE A HAND
- A2 CHICKEN LITTLE BABY
- A3 ALL NIGHT LONG
- A4 THE MOST I CAN OFFER (JUST MY HEART)
- A5 LONESOME AND BLUE
- A6 WONDERIN’
- A7 SHE KNOWS HOW TO ROCK
- A8 HEEBY-JEEBIES (*)
- A9 BABY FACE (*)
- B1 KANSAS CITY
- B2 DIRECTLY FROM MY HEART
- B3 MAYBE I’M RIGHT
- B4 EARLY ONE MORNING
- B5 I’M JUST A LONELY GUY
- B6 WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN’ GOING ON
- B7 CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WANNA LEAVE (*)
- B8 HEY-HEY-HEY-HEY (*)
- * BONUS TRACKS