Jazz Shots - East Coast Vol. 3
Attention : dernières pièces disponibles !
Date de disponibilité:
01. John Coltrane "Alabama" 5.55
02. John Coltrane "Afro Blue" 7.08
03. Wynton Marsalis with The Jazz Messengers "My Ship" 9.04
04. Dizzy Gillespie Quintet (featuring Lalo Shiffrin) "Blues After Dark" 7.08
05. Dizzy Gillespie Quintet (featuring Lalo Shiffrin) "Lorraine" 3.42
06. Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Orchestra "St. Louis Blues" 12.29
07. Jimmy Smith Trio "The Champ" 5.30
08. Jimmy Smith Trio "Walk On The Wild Side" 7.07
09. Woody Herman Big Band "Just Squeeze Me" 5.38
10. Woody Herman Big Band "After You're Gone" 4.51
11. Sonny Rollins Quartet (featuring Jim Hall) "God Bless The Child" 5.54
12. Miles Davis & Gil Evans Orchestra "The Duke" 3.27
13. Miles Davis & Gil Evans Orchestra "Blues For Pablo" 5.51
14. Miles Davis & Gil Evans Orchestra "New Rumba" 4.25
15. Duke Ellington "Newport Stomp"
16. Pony Poindexter "Another Get Together" 4.17
Although there have been many regions throughout the United States - and the world at large - that have greatly contributed to the development of jazz, a special place must be reserved for the two coasts of North America, the famous East and West Coasts - and especially the cities of New York and Los Angeles - where the bulk of modern jazz developed and evolved. This outstanding DVD series pays homage to the two coasts and to some of the most important jazz musicians who have spent a large part of their career there. Some of these musicians were born in the Midwest, or the South, and later moved to one of the two coasts. What is taken into account when placing the musician in the East or West Coast categories, is where they spent the bulk of their artistic career, or where they recorded their most influential works.
This collection focuses exclusively on live performances ranging from clubs to festivals to TV studio engagements, without any speakers or introducers...Nothing but music!
ALL REGIONS: COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DVD PLAYERS