The complete classic album Clifford Brown with Strings, one of the most lyrical albums in the trumpeter's career and an indisputable jazz classic. As a bonus, six wonderful ballads featuring Brownie taken from different 1953 sessions in New York and in Paris.
CLIFFORD BROWN, trumpet on all tracks, plus:
(1-12): Clifford Brown with Strings":
Richie Powell (p), Barry Galbraith (g), George Morrow (b), Max Roach (d)
and String Orchestra (6 violins, 2 violas, 1 cello) conducted by Neal Hefti.
New York, January 18-20, 1955.
(13-14) Gigi Gryce (as & fl), Charlie Rouse (ts), John Lewis (p), Percy Heath (b), Art Blakey (d).
Recorded: New York, August 28, 1953.
(15) Lou Donaldson (as), Elmo Hope (p), Percy Heath (b), Philly Joe Jones (d).
Recorded: New York, June 9, 1953.
(16) Gigi Gryce (as), Henri Renaud (p), Jimmy Gourley (g), Pierre Michelot (b), Jean-Louis Viale (d).
Recorded: Paris, France, October 8, 1953.
(17): Same personnel as 16. Recorded: September 29, 1953.
(18) Henri Renaud (p), Pierre Michelot (b), Benny Bennett (d).
Recorded: Paris, France, October 15, 1953. Total Time: 65:58 mins.
01. Portrait Of Jenny
02. What's New
04. Where Or When
05. Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man
06. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
08. Memories Of You
09. Embraceable You
10. Blue Moon
11. Willow Weep For Me
13. Brownie Eyes*
14. Easy Living*
15. You Go To My Head*
16. Strictly Romantic*
17. I Cover The Waterfront*
18. It Might As Well Be Spring*.