• INCLUDES 11 BONUS TRACKS
• 16-PAGE BOOKLET
This release presets the complete original album The Soft Swing (Verve MGV-8321). Recorded in a quartet format, it was the only studio session in which Getz collaborated with the celebrated pianist Mose Allison. However, a few rare radio broadcasts survive of the Stan Getz Quartet with Mose Allison playing live at the Village Vanguard and at the Red Hill Inn, which have been added here as a bonus.
- STAN GETZ tenor saxophone
- MOSE ALLISON piano
- ADDISON FARMER bass
- JERRY SEGAL drums
New York, July 12, 1957.
- BONUS TRACKS [6-16] :
- (6-7): Same personnel as above. Mutual broadcast from the Village Vanguard,
- New York, June 29, 1957.
- (8-11): Same personnel as above except Jug Taylor (b), Fred Benito (d).
- Mutual broadcast from the Village Vanguard, New York, June 22, 1957.
- (12): Same personnel as above except Willie Stump, Jr. (b), Frank Isola (d).
- Mutual broadcast from the Red Hill Inn, Pennsauken, New Jersey, February 16, 1957.
- (13-16): Same personnel as above except Jug Taylor (b), Paul Motian (d).
- Mutual broadcast from the Red Hill Inn, Pennsauken, New Jersey, May 18, 1957.
- 01 All The Things You Are
- 02 Pocono Mac
- 03 Down Beat
- 04 To The Ends Of The Earth
- 05 Bye Bye Blues
- 06 All God’s Children Got Rhythm (*)
- 07 Flamingo (*)
- 08 Is It True What They Say About Dixie? (*)
- 09 Time After Time (*)
- 10 To The Ends Of The Earth #2 (*)
- 11 Stars Fell On Alabama (*)
- 12 Polka Dots And Moonbeams (*)
- 13 Bronx Blues (Theme) (*)
- 14 Jordu (*)
- 15 Lover Man (*)
- 16 Ain’t You A Mess (*)