EDITION IN SPECIAL 3-PANEL DIGIPACK
In 1958, Elizete Cardoso was invited by Vinicius de Moraes to sing on an album featuring tunes he co-wrote with Antonio Carlos Jobim. The result, Canção do Amor Demais (Festa — LDV 6.002), presented here in its entirety, was one of her biggest hits and the earliest proper Bossa Nova LP. It has been coupled on this CD with another complete album, Grandes Momentos com Elizete Cardoso (Copacabana CLP-11265), a career retrospective LP with new recordings of her major successes on 78s. Cardoso’s splendid interpretations of an additional Jobim-Vinícius tune and of two songs by the great Ary Barroso have been included as a bonus.
ELIZETE CARDOSO, vocals on all tracks, plus::
[1-13]: CANÇAO DO AMOR DEMAIS:
- João Gilberto (g) & group conducted and arranged by Antonio Carlos
- Jobim including Jobim on piano plus Irani Pinto (violin),
- Nicolino Copia “Copinha” (fl), Gaúcho & Maciel (tb), Herbert (tp),
- Vidal (b), Juquinha (d), unidentified strings.
- Chorus on track 1 by João Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim, and Walter Santos
- Odeon Studios, Río de Janeiro, Brazil, January 1958.
(*) [14-23] BONUS ALBUM: GRANDES MOMENTOS:
- Elizete Cardoso (vc) with orchestra conducted & arranged.
- by Moacyr Silva (also tenor sax)..
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1962.
(**) Bonus tracks: Elizete Cardoso (vc) with orchestra. Río de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 01) CHEGA DE SAUDADE
- 02) SERENATA DO ADEUS
- 03) AS PRAIAS DESERTAS
- 04) CAMINHO DE PEDRA
- 05) LUCIANA
- 06) JANELAS ABERTAS
- 07) EU NÂO EXISTO SEM VOCÊ
- 08) OUTRA VEZ
- 09) MEDO DE AMAR
- 10) ESTRADA BRANCA
- 11) VIDA BELA
- 12) MODINHA
- 13) CANÇÃO DO AMOR DEMAIS
- 14) CANÇÃO DE AMOR *
- 15) CAIXA POSTAL 00 *
- 16) SUBÚRBIO *
- 17) O AMOR É UMA CANÇÃO *
- 18) SE EU PUDESSE *
- 19) DÁ-ME TUAS MÃOS *
- 20) GRAÇAS A DEUS *
- 21) NUNCA É TARDE *
- 22) VENHO DE LONGE *
- 23) SERESTEIRO 1*
- 24) NA BAIXA DO SAPATEIRO **
- 25) RISQUE **
- 26) SI TODOS FOSSEM IGUAIS A VOCE **
TOTAL TIME: 76:08 Min