• INCLUDES 12-PAGE BOOKLET
This release presents, for the first time ever on CD, the complete Ahmad Jamal LP Macanudo (Argo LPS-712), showcasing the pianist backed by an orchestra conducted and arranged by Richard Evans, who also composed all of the music from the album. As a bonus, a previously unissued set in its entirety by the classic Ahmad Jamal Trio with Israel Crosby and Vernel Fournier, recorded live at the 1959 Newport Jazz Festival, and an alternative trio version of “Haitian Market Place” from the Macanudo LP.
- AHMAD JAMAL, piano
- With the Richard Evans Orchestra.
- Including ART DAVIS, bass. Other personnel unknown.
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, December 20 & 21, 1962.
- [9-15] BONUS TRACKS:
- : AHMAD JAMAL (p); JAMIL NASSER (b) & CHUCK LAMPKIN (d)
- Live at the Jazz Workshop, San Francisco.
- [10-15]: AHMAD JAMAL (p); ISRAEL CROSBY (b) & VERNEL FOURNIER (d)
- Live at the Newport Jazz Festival, Newport, Rhode Island, July 2, 1959.
- 01 MONTEVIDEO (*)
- 02 BOGOTA (*)
- 03 SUGAR LOAF AT TWILIGHT (*)
- 04 HAITIAN MARKET PLACE (*)
- 05 BUENOS AIRES (*)
- 06 BOSSA NOVA DO MARILLA (*)
- 07 CARNIVAL IN PANAMA (*)
- 08 BELO HORIZONTE (*)v
- 09 HAITIAN MARKET PLACE [trio version]
- 10 Announcements (**)
- 11 IT’S YOU OR NO ONE (**)
- 12 POINCIANA (**)
- 13 THERE IS NO GREATER LOVE (**)
- 14 SURREY WITH THE FRINGE ON TOP (**)
- 15 BUT NOT FOR ME (**)
- (*) For The First Time Ever On CD!!!!! ** Previously Unissued
- (**) BONUS TRACKS