Warning: Last items in stock!
The comeback of a long unavailable trio date by the greatly missed Tete Montoliu
This wonderful studio date by the talented Catalonian blind pianist Tete Montoliu (1933-1997) was recorded in his native Barcelona in March of 1992, but until now it had been only available on a long out of print CD issued in Japan by the Alfa Jazz label shortly after being recorded. The renowned VENUS label presents it back again for everyone to enjoy. Tete is backed by New Orleans drummer Idris Muhammad, and Netherlands born bassist Hein Van de Geyn, and the program features a selection of Catalan traditional songs, plus two versions of songs by the remarkable Joan Manuel Serrat (“Words of Love”, which Tete recorded on several other occasions, and the more seldom heard “My Street”), and one Montoliu original, "I Don't Smoke Anymore".
TETE MONTOLIU, piano
HEIN VAN DE GEYN, bass
IDRIS MUHAMMAD, drums
Albert Moraleda Studio In Barcelona, on March 8, 1992
01. The Lady From Aragon (La Dama D'Aragó)
02. Catalonian National Anthem (Els Segadors)
03. Three Young Ladies (Hiru Damatxo)
04. The Singing Of The Birds (El Cant Dels Ocells
05. Song Of The Robber (La Canso Del Lladre)
06. Words Of Love (Paraules D'Amor)
07. Don't Smoke Anymore (Ja No Fumo)
08. My Street (El Meu Carrer)