As an instrumental album, Mystic Maze would come highly recommended. Dahlgren's combination of words and music makes it one of the most innovative and entertaining albums of the year: revenge is sweet.- Bruce Lindsay, All About Jazz.
CHRIS DAHLGREN, double-bass, narration
ANTONIS ANISSEGOS, piano
GEBHARD ULLMANN, soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone, bass clarinet
CHRISTIAN WEIDNER, alto saxophone;
ERIC SHAEFER, drums, percussion
Recorded in Berlin, June 3, 2008.
01. A Mystic Maze
02. Repetition Unit 1
03. 'Painless Dentistry' No.1
04. Great Desires of the Modernists
05. Reminiscences On The Fourth Quartet of Béla Bartók
06. It Was As If Two People Were Improvising Against Each Other
08. Painless Dentistry' No.2;
09. The Composer Promenading the Keyboard in His Boots
10. Bitter Champagne
11. Repetition Unit 2
12. 'Painless Dentistry' No.3.