Umberto Petrin's CD "Vaghissimo Ritratto" with Gianluigi Trovesi and Fulvio Maras, won many Italian and European critics. This time, however, he performs solo demonstrating his personal style which is a blend of T. Monk and the whole of XX century European music, particularly Hindemith, Webern, Prokofiev. His distinctive style of playing has also been influenced by his interest in poetry and contemporary art as well as by his work with the writer Stefano Benni and the actor Giuseppe Cederna.
UMBERTO PETRIN, solo piano
Recorded in Genova, Italy, March 15, 2010.
02. Waiting For The Dawn
03. Mantra and Blue
04. Black Series I (around the paiting of Brice Marden)
05. Balkan Epic (around Marina Abramovic)
06. Music For A Performance I
07. Love Song
08. Black Series 2 (around a paiting of Brice Marden)
09. Music For A Performance II
10. Angelo del Millennio
11. San Francisco Holiday (bonus tracks)